Search This Blog

Sergio Aguero: I Want To Stay With Atletico Madrid As Long As Possible

'Kun' Aguero appreciates the interest shown in him by big clubs but he has expressed his desire to see out his deal which runs until 2014
Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero has underlined his commitment to the club amid rumours of an imminent departure this summer. 'El Kun' has been linked to a host of Europe's top clubs, including arch-rivals Real Madrid.

But the striker has pointed to the fact that his deal with Atleti runs for another three years and he he says would like to build on their Europa League success from last season.

''I want to stay with Atletico for as long as I can. I am very comfortable at the club now. I will try to keep winning titles here because that's what every player wants. I signed until 2014 and I hope to stay beyond this year,'' the defiant youngster told the club's official website.

On the speculation over a possible summer transfer, he responded: ''It's always appreciated if top clubs are interested in you. There are many comments that have been raised about my future but I'm quiet, they don't affect me. I'm honest with myself.''

Aguero has been linked with a move away from Los Rojiblancos for some time now, with father-in-law Diego Maradona on record as saying "I see Sergio at Real Madrid". Despite the speculation, Aguero is enjoying a fine season, netting a brace last weekend to take his tally for the year to 18 goals, ensuring Atleti are in contention to clinch a Europa League spot for next season.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com