Search This Blog

Diego Forlan: Good-Bye Atletico Madrid, Welcome to Inter Milan.

Uruguay international has waved goodbye to the Madrid-based outfit as he prepares for Serie A move, and praised Inter president Massimo Moratti for making the move possible.

Diego Forlan has confirmed he will be joining Italian giants Inter as his time with Atletico Madrid comes to an end.
The 32-year-old Uruguay striker held a press conference in Madrid to state he would no longer be playing at the Vincente Calderon, as a switch to San Siro awaits him.

Forlan will now travel to Milan where he will undergo a medical before signing a contract with the Serie A outfit.

"I am going to a great club and there is a big challenge ahead of me. I want to thank Massimo Moratti for this chance," he told the press as he announced his departure from Spain.

"I have already spoken with Esteban Cambiasso and Diego Milito, they are my friends. I know Serie A having watched many games on television and I am very happy to be playing in Italy after my time in the Premier League, and Liga.

"I am going to play for a great team. I liked the project as well as their will to have me. I have a great will to start and changing [teams] will give me new motivation. It's not always that you get the chance to play for a great club at 32, and so for this reason I want to thank Inter and president Moratti."

Forlan played for Atletico since 2007 when he joined them from Villarreal and he will always carry the Spanish side in his heart following their separation.

"I will always support Atletico Madrid and it was an honour to play here," he added.

"I enjoyed four great years, fantastic years and I want to wish the team all the best."

Neither club have confirmed the details of the transfer, but an official announcement is expected to follow later once Forlan arrives in Italy to finalise his move.


Diego Forlan On Twitter
Diego Forlan On Facebook


Diego Forlan In Inter Milan Official Player List .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com