Search This Blog

Diego Forlan: I will play wherever Gian Piero Gasperini wants me to play

The transfer of the Uruguay international was officially confirmed earlier on Wednesday and he has insisted that he is willing to be versatile for his new coach.

Diego Forlan could not hide his happiness after completing his move from Atletico Madrid to Inter, and assured that he would play anywhere on the pitch for the chance to pull on the club's shirt.

The Uruguayan Copa America winner rescinded his link with Atletico at the weekend, and on Wednesday afternoon was in Milan to sign a two-year deal with the 2010 Champions League winners.

Speaking to Inter Channel shortly after completing his transfer, the 32-year-old striker looked forward to his new Italian challenge, and affirmed that he was not daunted by the possibility of playing out of position.

"I will play where the trainer [Gian Piero Gasperini] tells me. Will I sacrifice myself like Eto'o did? Of course. In the national team I am not the main forward because [Luis] Suarez and [Edinson] Cavani are there, and I play as a defensive midfielder," Forlan pointed out in the interview.

"I will repeat again that I will play where the coach wants me to."

The former Villarreal and Manchester United man went on to admit that his Italian is rather rusty: "I studied it when I was little but I remember almost nothing. I hope to get it back soon.

"I am delighted to be here. Milan is beautiful, and the Interista fans are even more so."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com