Search This Blog

'I am angry with myself' - Julio Cesar accepts blame for Inter's 4-3 loss to Palermo

Inter goalkeeper Julio Cesar believes his club's 4-3 loss to Palermo is his fault after failing to stop a Fabrizio Miccoli free-kick which turned the game on its head.

"I am really angry with myself. We were playing great, but then after Miccoli's goal I was really angry," blasted Julio Cesar on Sky Sport Italia.
Diego Milito gave Inter the lead against the run of play in the first half before Miccoli responded for Palermo. Milito then converted a penalty, but Abel Hernandez restored parity just minutes later.

After a flurry of exchanges, it was Miccoli and then Mauricio Pinilla who made it 4-2 before Diego Forlan grabbed a late consolation.

The goalkeeper is particularly annoyed at the last two Palermo goals after he was left standing.

"As for Pinilla's strike, had I been a step closer to goal I would have got to the ball," said Cesar. "Miccoli's free-kick, I did not really see the shot come through.

He added, "But, despite the goals, it was a nice game. We had chances, but I think it was that free-kick which decided the game."

Inter play Turkish side Trabzonspor in the Champions League on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com