Search This Blog

Kaka: I never wanted to leave Real Madrid, and Jose Mourinho insisted I should remain

The Brazilian midfielder, who is finally hitting the form which earned him a move to the Santiago Bernabeu two years ago, has maintained his desire to stay in the Spanish capital.
Real Madrid midfielder Kaka has revealed that he never considered departing the club, and remains fully committed to their cause despite a difficult start to life in Spain.

The Brazilian star spoke of his admiration for his employers and how he has ambitions of lifting silverware with the Spanish giants.

"I am indebted to Real Madrid," Kaka told reporters. "It would have been very easy to have left, but that is why I chose to raise my game. I have a dream of succeeding at Madrid which I want to realise."

The 28-year-old put in a man-of-the-match display against Ajax in the Champions League on Tuesday, and admits he is delighted to have repaid the faith shown by both president Florentino Perez and coach Jose Mourinho.

"Many reports have claimed that Madrid wanted to sell me, but he [Perez] told me he wouldn't and kept his word," Kaka continued. "I owe a lot to the president."

"Three parties decided [on me staying]. I did not want to leave, Mourinho did not want me to go and the club did not want to sell me either.

"After the game [Perez] gave me a hug and congratulated me. He has always supported us, even through in bad times."

Kaka arrived from AC Milan in the summer of 2009 as one of Perez's first signings after returning to Real Madrid as president, but a mixture of injuries and poor form initially prevented him from living up to his price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com