Search This Blog

Chelsea Striker Fernando Torres: I Would Love To End My Career At Atletico Madrid

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has admitted that he would love to end his playing career back at first club and boyhood heroes Atletico Madrid.

The 27-year-old spoke to radio show El Larguero ahead of Spain’s friendly versus Colombia this evening at the Santiago Bernabeu, and admitted that once he has completed his five-year contract at Stamford Bridge, he covets a move back to Los Colchoneros.

He stated: “There is still a lot of time but this is the idea I have always had. I talked to [CEO] Miguel Angel Gil [Marin] and I know that while he is there, I will always have doors open to me at this club.

“I owe a lot to Atletico, who will always be my team. I have always been close with the Gil family.”

Torres moved to Liverpool from Atleti in the summer of 2007 for a fee of €30 million, and put pen to paper on a switch to Chelsea on deadline day of the January transfer window for €58m, making him the most expensive Spaniard in history.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com