Search This Blog

'I am happy at Atletico Madrid' - Diego Forlan rules out summer transfer

The Uruguay international has looked to put an end to speculation surrounding his future by revealing that he intends to honour his contract with the La Liga club

Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan has declared he has no intention of leaving the club in the wake of reports linking him with a summer move elsewhere.

Tottenham, Juventus and Besiktas have all been credited with an interest in the 32-year-old, who this season was unable to build on the form he showed for Uruguay during the 2010 World Cup.

However, the former Manchester United forward has insisted he has no plans to leave the club before 2013, when his current deal expires.

"Atletico's new project seduces me a lot," Forlan said in an interview on his official website. "Last season was very hard personally.

"Many lies were said and I did not have the chance to show my football on the field.

"This is a good year to put Atletico back along the best, like we have done before.

"I have two more years on my contract and I plan to see it out, because I am very happy here."

Questioned about Uruguay's chances at the upcoming Copa America, Forlan stressed he does not think his side are favourites.
He added: "We have a good team, but that is not a guarantee. The level of all the teams is very high and it will be hard, but we will go in with a lot of hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com