Search This Blog

Diego Forlan: The goals will soon arrive

 Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan has insisted he is not fretting about his barren spell in front of goal.
The Uruguayan has twice won the European Golden Shoe during six prolific seasons in Spain with Villarreal and Los Rojiblancos, and this summer he finished as joint-top scorer at the FIFA World Cup™ with five goals.
However, after netting three times in his first two La Liga outings this season, Forlan has found himself stuck in a rut and failed to score in any of his last 12 appearances for Atletico.
You don't forget how to score goals and I'm not thinking day in, day out that I haven't scored. You need to be calm and nothing else.
Diego Forlan

The 31-year-old has rarely gone so long without a goal, but he is taking it all in his stride, telling AS: "Now the chances are not going in, but soon they will.

"You need to continue trying and I'm determined to do that. You don't forget how to score goals and I'm not thinking day in, day out that I haven't scored. The goals will soon arrive."

The former Manchester United man, who hit the post and was also denied by a last-ditch block during Sunday's 2-0 derby defeat by Real Madrid, added: "You need to be calm and nothing else.

"In the game against Madrid I had two or three chances, and the other day against Almeria the same thing happened. I feel bad for having lost the derby, but on a personal level I feel fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com