Search This Blog

I Do Not Owe Atletico Madrid Anything - Striker Diego Forlan

 Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan has claimed that he does not owe the club anything, and confessed that he finds it difficult when the followers at the Vicente Calderon criticise his performances.

The Uruguayan has struggled to find his best form since his exploits at the World Cup with Uruguay during the summer, and speaking in an interview with publication Don Balon, the 31-year-old admitted: “I try to go through my life not owing anything to anyone. I am hired, and my performance is there.

“I try to do my best both on and off the pitch, giving a good image in my behaviour. But it bothers me when the stands have little patience with me. They have their reasons. I try to see the positive side of things.”

The two-time Pichichi winner in the Primera Division also spoke of his aspirations for the season ahead, saying that it is important that the team return to the Champions League.

He added: “The season has come in stages, as we saw in the second half of last season when we won the Europa League. This season my hope is that Atletico can reach third or fourth in the table to go into the Champions League.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com