Search This Blog

Real Madrid and Tottenham target Diego Forlan says he never came close to leaving Atletico Madrid

"I have renewed my contract, but despite my deal here there are always rumours," the Uruguay international told the Spanish Sport newspaper.

Tottenham were reportedly in talks with Atletico over a £9 million bid for the striker, but baulked at the player's £80,000-a-week wage demands, while Atletico are said to have rejected a bid for Real Madrid, who then turned their attention to Emmanuel Adebayor.

"In this case, what is certain is that Real Madrid on Monday called [Atletico chief executive] Gil Marín, and [Atletico's general manager] Miguel Angel Gil rejected the offer they made," said Forlan.

"I have a contract [until 2013], I'm fine, very comfortable, I have my house here and leaving never crossed my mind," said the 31-year-old.

"I'd love to fulfill my contract, like I always said. Obviously, you don't know how things will turn out, this is football, after all, and there are twists and turns. But my idea was always to fulfill my contract."

"I'm fine here. I will not talk about my future, because as always, whatever I will say will be misunderstood. You try to be as honest as possible, but anyone who knows me knows how I feel. I have a contract with Atletico Madrid , I want out of this situation, and I hope we qualify for the Champions League, " he added.

"I am very calm. My commitment has always been the same, it has not changed. I've had bad times,but that does not mean that my commitment has waned."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com