Search This Blog

Forlan admits exit chance

Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan has admitted that he could leave the club should the right offer come in, although he insists he is also happy to stay.
 The 31-year-old forward has been strongly linked with a January switch to Italian giants Juventus, with new signing Luca Toni recently suffering an injury that will rule him out for a month.

Uruguay international Forlan arrived at Vicente Calderon from Villarreal for around €21million in 2007 and has been a star player for Atletico.

But with Juve now ready to pounce, he reveals that there is the possibility he could make a winter exit.

"I've said many times and I've no problems in repeating it. I feel good here and I have no problems in staying," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"But I'm a professional. Should an interesting offer arrive for me and for the club, we will evaluate it and if we believe it satisfies both sides, I'll change team.

"At Villarreal I was feeling really good, then a good offer arrived for everyone and I came to Atletico Madrid.

"Now the situation is the same. Having said this, it must be stressed that for the moment there hasn't been anything concrete.

"There have been no concrete offers from Italian sides."

The Turin-based Serie A outfit are looking to strengthen their squad this January in a bid to gun down league leaders AC Milan in the second half of the campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Followers

My Ping in TotalPing.com